Beta alanine is the amino acid that helps in the building of different proteins in the body. Regular intake of proteinaceous food like meat, fish, beef, and chicken contain a high content of the beta alanine. The body also produces this amino acid by the breakdown of nucleic acid in the liver. The useful amino acid help in the physical performance of the body and help in strengthening of the muscles. Usually, the person doing gym take such supplements to build muscle and to make the body strong. It is the powerful agent for body builders.
The supplement is available in beta alanine powder dosage form. The dose of the supplement varies according to the requirement. The average dosage is between 400 to 800 mg over periods of 4 to 10 weeks. On weekly basis, it is recommended to take 18g for training purpose 3 times a week.
Benefits of beta alanine supplements
The studies have shown many health benefits of this amino acids. The person taking this supplement can avail following useful benefits.
- It improves the exercise power and capacity. It is best for exercise lasting 30 seconds to 10 minutes. The supplement has proved to be effective for anaerobic exercise that is short lasting i.e. 1 to 4 min.
- It is recommendable for soldiers. It improves his performance especially during the short bust of high intensity combats.
- One of the major advantages of the supplement is that it improves the lean body mass. It increases the intake of oxygen as well as a ventilatory
- Another important benefit that the amino acid provide to the user is that it delays fatigue and reduce the lactic acid production in the muscles.
- It is one of the important anti-anxiety agents. The builders taking this supplement remain fresh as well as stress free.
- During combat practice, it also helps in improving cognitive function when a person is in stress state.
- The supplement is not only beneficial for body builders and soldiers but also help in relieving symptoms of breast cancer. It reduces the tumor function as well as aggressiveness.
- The supplement is excellent for the elderly people also. It helps in improving the stamina hats why old people taking the supplement can do exercise without hurting themselves.
- It is also helpful in the healing of mild traumatic brain injury.
Although the beta alanine provides different health benefits but the person taking it must take dose according to the advice of the trainer as excess use may create side effects like oxidative stress and flushing.